Búsqueda laboral: Analista Desarrollador Mobilidad / LAMP
Médecins Sans Frontières – OCBA (Operational Centre Barcelona – Athens) is looking for a ANALYST PROGRAMMER MOBILITY / LAMP (Temporary position based in Buenos Aires)
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent medical and humanitarian organisation that provides care to populations in need, to people affected by natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and regardless of their race, religion, belief or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
The MSF movement is build around five operational directorates supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by 41 field teams and 20 mission coordination teams and organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens, Nairobi and Buenos Aires. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including the the Medical Department and Organization & Systems.
CONTEXT OF POST
MSF OCBA is continuously adapting processes and tools to improve efficiency and quality of information management. In the framework of the OCBA Executive Plan, and within the development of the Information Systems Strategic Plan, the organization is focusing in facilitating the access and use of medical information available for the teams, both in the field and in the headquarters, to support decision-making and improve the quality of the field operations.
• Together with the Project Leader Operational Systems, design and develop the first release of an integrated medical data collection solution that compiles and centralizes the medical data collection and reporting information systems of MSF-OCBA at headquarter level.
• Provide technical training and support as per request.
• Support the development of other new medical data and information management solutions, as per request and/or based on agreed plan by O&S, Operations and Medical Departments.
MAIN FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1. Support of medical data collection and reporting information systems
• Participates in the technical design, selection, development and implementation of an integrated reporting system for medical data management, that compiles and centralizes the collection at headquarter of data coming from all field projects and programmes.
• Support Medical and Operations Departments for the preparation of medical data needed for regular and ad-hoc reports
• Participate in improving the existing data collection systems in order to limit the complexity of data collection work.
• Contribute to the standardization of the data collection and validation process (data production, control, validation, centralization, distribution).
• Participate to knowledge capitalization efforts.
• Participate to the consolidation of medical data with data from other internal and/or external domains.
2. Technical training and support
• Provide technical training for users of medical systems: medical coordinators, field coordinators and staff in charge of collecting and entering medical data on the field (including nurses and medical doctors).
• Inform potential users about the reporting and analysis functionalities offered by the data collection system used on the field.
• Provide technical support regarding the use of data collection systems, assures timely and adapted answers to the questions coming from the fields and the operations.
3. Design and development of new medical data and information management solutions
• Based on priorities defined for Organization and Systems with Medical Director, to conceptualize, develop, test and implement new medical data collection tool in collaboration with concerned Medical Referents and users.
• Provide support to investigate innovation and new solutions in the area, for example in Hospital Management and Patient Data Electronic Record Management.
• Experience in the development of solutions for data collection and reporting using LAMP solutions
• Desirable: Familiar with medical statistics/ basic epidemiological and health indicators.
• Field experience in humanitarian projects with MSF or other organizations highly desirable.
• Prior experience in a clinical or healthcare technical IT area an asset
• Experience using statistical research methods and their use in outcomes reporting
• Oriented to quality and results delivery
• Experience in providing technical support for a diverse, non-technical, geographically dispersed user community.
• French and Spanish desirable.
• Experience working in LAMP environments:
• Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL
• Desirable knowledge of Java, RCPEclipse or .NET
• Methodologies: PRINCE2, SCRUM, Agile
• Experience in database management and data model design desirable
• Desirable experience in statistics solutions (i.e. SPSS or similar), ideally focused on Medical Data (EpiInfo; STATA)
• Desirable expert level in Excel and high command of Visual Basic
• Experience in Open Source development projects a plus
• Experience with mobile solutions desirable
• Availability for short trips, according to project plans
• Commitment with MSF Principles
• Intercultural Awareness
• Analytical Thinking
• Orientation to results and quality
• Planning and organisation
• Initiative and innovation.
• Orientation to service providing
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Temporary position based in Buenos Aires–Argentina.
• Length: 6 months with possibility of extension
• Full time job.
• Starting date: Immediately
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, and cover motivation letter under the reference
“MEDSYS” to: email@example.com
Médicos Sin Fronteras / Dpto. RRHH
Closing date: 26th June 2012
Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.